Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes. Breakfast burritos are a great way to start your weekend morning. They are filling and tasty and not too complicated to prepare. We love breakfast burritos with prepared with scrambled eggs and chorizo but they are also great prepared with breakfast sausage.
Chorizo Breakfast Burrito – Made for any meal breakfast burrito recipe with skillet fried potatoes, pork chorizo, and scrambled eggs. I'm also usually not a fan of pork ? Everyone is usually appalled with me when I let that slip. You can have Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes
- Prepare 2 of large flour tortillas.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of avocado oil (or vegetable, coconut, etc).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Mexican cheese blend.
- It’s 1 lb of frozen diced potatoes or homemade diced potatoes.
- It’s 1 lb of ground chorizo (not links unless taking fresh chorizo out of lining links).
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chipotle seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Prepare to taste of Hot sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add oil to same skillet; heat over medium heat. Add eggs; cook until softly scrambled. Top with cheese, eggs, cilantro, salsa, and avocado.
Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo, Egg, & Potatoes step by step
- Heat large skillet with your choice of oil. Add potatoes to the skillet and cover and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes. If potatoes and not frozen, add potatoes and warm on medium-high uncovered..
- While potatoes are cooking, take out another skillet and only add non-stick spray (no oil here – chorizo produces enough). Once warm, add ground chorizo and cook on medium-high until meat is no longer pink..
- Remove cover of potatoes and flip. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chili powder, chipotle seasoning, and enough hot sauce to lightly cover the potatoes. Stir. Continue to cook potatoes until most are lightly crusted..
- Crumble the chorizo with spatula. Continue to flip around on medium-low heat when cooked..
- Add 6 eggs to a boil. Add a dash of salt and pepper and chili powder. Add yet another skillet to the lot and cover with non-stick spray. Pour whisked eggs onto the skillet and scramble as they cook..
- Warm and steam large torillas in the mircrowave for 20 seconds. I like to wet a paper towel and layer them. It's easier to fold that way..
- Once tortillas are warm, add mexican cheese to the bottom, then potatoes, then chorizo, then eggs, and more cheese. Fold the burrito like they would at chipotle or whatever. Sides in, then roll bottom to top..
- Optional – grill on a skillet!.
- Top with more hot sauce (I used Diablo sauce from Taco Bell 😉 and cheese..
- Add side of potatoes, and enjoy!.
So, what separates a burrito from a breakfast burrito? I'll have to refer to our own Los Angeles correspondent Farley who claims that the morningtime Divide the potatoes, chorizo, eggs, cheese, cilantro, salsa, and avocado between the four warmed tortillas. Roll the tortillas into a burrito shape. Top with the chorizo, potatoes, cheese, cilantro, and salsa. Fold the short sides in and the bottom flaps up, then roll into.