You can have Paneer Chilli using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paneer Chilli
- It’s 250 grams of paneer, cut into cubes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- You need 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, ground.
- It’s 1/2 cup of or little less water, to make a free flowing batter.
- You need as required of oil, for frying.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of green chilli sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar Cornstarch slurry.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 of celery, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, sliced.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, quartered and petals separated.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, cut into squares.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- It’s as required of green onions, chopped, for garnishing.
Paneer Chilli step by step
- Cut paneer into cubes. To a large bowl, add 3 tablespoons cornstarch, 3 tablespoons flour along with salt, pepper. Add water to make a free-flowing batter, it should neither be thick nor thin. I added little less than 1/2 cup water here. Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok/kadhai on medium heat to deep fry the paneer..
- Dip each paneer cube into the batter. And then add them into the hot oil. Fry until the paneer pieces get golden brown and crispy from both sides. Drain the fried paneer on paper towel..
- Meanwhile, in a measuring jar or bowl, add soy sauce (I use regular and dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon each), rice vinegar, green chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and sugar. Mix until all is well combined and set aside..
- Also mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water until cornstarch dissolves completely and set aside. Heat sesame oil and avocado oil in wok on high heat. Once oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, celery and green chilli. Saute for 1 minute..
- Then add the quartered onion and peppers. Cook for 2 minutes. Veggies should remain crunchy and you should cook on high heat Add in the prepared sauce and mix and lower heat to medium..
- Then add in the prepared cornstarch slurry. Mix well, sauce will begin to thicken. Add an additional 3 to 4 tablespoons water. Stir in the fried paneer cubes. Toss to combine the paneer with the sauce..
- Turn off heat and garnish with green onions. Serve Chilli Paneer with noodles or rice!.