Sweet Potato and quinoa chili. This Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili recipe with kidney & black beans is hearty and full of flavor, and makes a great vegan lunch, dinner or meal prep idea! Includes stovetop and slow cooker options. Try this healthy, vegetarian quinoa chili with chunky sweet potatoes and hearty sweet potatoes.
In this vegetarian chili recipe, sweet potatoes and black beans are combined with quinoa, tomatoes and spices to create a hearty, meatless chili that's rich in flavor. Hasselback sweet potatoes with oatmeal cookie crumble? I need to eat these every day for breakfast. You can cook Sweet Potato and quinoa chili using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and quinoa chili
- You need 1 of 15 ounce can of black beans drained.
- You need 1 of 15 ounce can chickpeas drained.
- Prepare 1 of can rotel (diced tomatoes works good too).
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato chopped into cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 6 of gloves minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of dry quinoa.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream (topper).
- You need 1 of cheese (topper).
- Prepare 1 of cilantro (topper).
- You need 1 of avocado (topper).
I followed the recipe except I cooked the quinoa with the chili rather than cook the quinoa separately. Unfortunately this made the meal extremely dry. And last, the sweet potato and quinoa actually cook in the chili. The Roasted Root: Your trusted source for sweet potato, black bean, & quinoa chili, and unsolicited advice.
Sweet Potato and quinoa chili instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat..
- Add onion and saute, stirring frequently until onion begins to sweat, about 5 minutes..
- Add sweet potato and cook another 5 minutes..
- Add quinoa, beans, chickpeas and rotel and continue cooking for another 2 minutes stirring everything together..
- Pour in broth, chili powder, cumin and paprika and stir well..
- Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium low. Add minced garlic and cover pot..
- Allow chili to bubble gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until quinoa and sweet potato is cooked..
- Remove pot from heat and let it sit covered for 10 mins. This allows it to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve with whatever toppings you like and enjoy!.
This chili is hearty and nutritious. I added a couple of finely chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce to the recipe for a little smoky kick to counterbalance the sweetness of the sweet potato. Loved by thousands, this Vegan Quinoa Sweet Potato Chili is healthy, flavorful comfort food that the whole family will love. Remove the fat from the chicken breasts and put them into the slow cooker along with the rinsed quinoa. (I found a black beans seasoned quinoa package which I used and loved, but regular quinoa will work as well, just make. Loaded with chili powder, chipotle peppers, cumin, beans, tomatoes and quinoa it's basically a giant party in a pot and it's addictive.