Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl.
You can cook Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl
- You need 3 of boneless, skinless chicken breast; medium dice.
- It’s 1/4 C of applewood seasoning.
- You need 4 strips of bacon.
- You need 1 C of Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 C of berry juice.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper; thick julienne.
- You need 1 of red onion; thick julienne.
- You need 2 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare 1.5 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 C of heavy cream.
- You need 1 C of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 bundle of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need 1 of avocado; thick julienne & halved.
- You need 2 of scallions.
- Prepare 1 t of ground coriander seed.
- You need of Kosher salt & black pepper; as needed.
Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl instructions
- Lay bacon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for approximately 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut bacon into baton-like strips, or a large dice.
- Cover potatoes and garlic cloves with cold, salted water and boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife. Drain. Return to pot and blast heat to high for 30 seconds while shaking pot to remove excess moisture from potatoes..
- Add butter, cheese, cilantro, cream, lime, salt, and black pepper to potatoes. Mash or whip with mixer..
- Drain bacon fat into a large, tall saute pan. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onions. Season with applewood seasoning, ground coriander seed, salt, and black pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is 80% cooked..
- Add berry juice. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked..
- Add bbq sauce. Stir. Simmer 1-2 minutes to warm sauce. Do not boil..
- Garnish with crispy bacon, avocado, and scallions..
- Variations Grilled avocado/tomatoes/bell peppers/scallions, guacamole, tomato-garlic confit, ranch, bleu cheese, goat cheese, lemon, horseradish, vinegar, tamarind, shallots, habanero, celery, carrots, mint, roasted garlic, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, zucchini, grilled sweet corn, sofrito, beer, tequila, bourbon, vodka, rum, gin, brandy, pecans, walnuts, honey, coconut, chipotle, ancho chile, serrano, poblano, celery seed, worchestershire, H1, paprika, mushrooms, orange zest, white pepper, pearl onions, cayenne, caramelized onions, cotija, queso fresco, chihuahua cheese, parmesean, olives, greens, caramelized garlic,.