Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado. A soup that's incredibly easy, deliciously fresh, and brimming with flavorful chicken and plenty of those addictive avocados. Easy Chicken Soup with Fresh Avocado. It can be made with made uncooked chicken breasts, leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
If you wish, you can also add tortillas or serve it with. Chicken avocado lime soup is chicken noodle-ish in the sense that it is a clear broth and has shredded chicken. But, you know, without any noodles. You can cook Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado
- It’s 6 of corn tortillas, juilienned.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- It’s 8 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, seeded and diced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish.
- It’s 1 of avocado, diced and tossed in a bit of lime or lemon juice.
And with a bunch of other delicious ingredients that take the flavor of the broth in a whole other delicious direction. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato and onion, Chicken Avocado Soup is the perfect springtime or summer entree. In Mexico, chicken soups such as this one are eaten year-round in small portions as a first course or in large bowls as the main dish of a meal, with fresh lime. The flavor of the cilantro lime chicken along with the fresh avocado, tomato, onion, and lime is a combo made in heaven.
Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Baked tortilla strips until lightly browned and crispy, 3-5 minutes..
- In a large sauce pot cook onion and garlic in the oil until browned, 4-5 minutes..
- Add chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is fully cooked..
- Add cilantro and season to taste..
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro and crispy tortilla stripes. I like a bit of extra fresh tomatoes as well..
This tasty meal is a must try. Try my Chicken and Chard Tortilla Soup, Spicy Chicken Lime Soup, Small Batch Italian Wedding Soup, Creamy Red Lentil Carrot Soup, Butternut Squash Minestrone Soup and Lamb Meatball I am seriously obsessed with avocados and I am sure it makes this soup even more delicious! This Chicken and Lime Soup was inspired by a trip to a Mexican restaurant where I had the most amazing tangy Caldo Xochitl. For me, topping soup with lots of stuff is half the fun, and you have a lot of topping options with this one. I wrote avocado into the recipe because I really feel like that.