Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce. A super simple blackened fish taco recipe served with a creamy avocado lime sauce to drizzle on top. Firm white fish is coated with a spicy seasoning This fish taco recipe is inspired by a food adventure just south of the border in Baja California, Mexico. My husband and I stopped at several small seaside.
Baja-style fish tacos get a blackened cajun fix cooled off with an avocado cilantro tartar sauce and cabbage for a fast and easy taco meal. I used McCormick's Original Tartar Sauce for Seafood as the base and added an avocado spiked with cilantro and thinned it with a bit of lime juice. These easy Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos are made with flaky white fish, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and lime topped with avocado. You can have Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce
- It’s 1 lb of mahi mahi fish filets (any fish really).
- It’s 1 of lime and zest of lime.
- It’s 1 of avocado.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of red cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of green cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of serrano pepper.
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 8 (6 inch) of flour or corn tortilla.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
Tommy doesn't care for fish, but he loves fish tacos! A few other seafood taco recipes I love, Blackened Fish Tacos, Shrimp Scampi Tacos and Green Scallop Tacos. Avocado Sauce – Avocado, yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice combine to make the BEST fish taco sauce that can easily be made from scratch. Blackened Fish Tacos are paired with a refreshing cilantro, lime, and avocado sauce for an epic taco flavor combo!
Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce step by step
- Combine sour cream, avocado, cilantro, 1 tbsp lime juice, lime zest, jalapeno and serrano pepper in a blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate..
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin and chili pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over both sides of the fish filets..
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness..
- Combine tomatoes, red and green cabbage and cilantro in a bowl. Cut a wedge of lime and lightly sqeeze over slaw. Toss slaw adding salt and pepper to taste. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas and cover with the slaw..
Spicy pan grilled chicken and avocado tacos topped with a creamy cilantro lime sauce. Take tacos to a whole new level with the addition of avocado and my favorite cilantro cream sauce. The fish tacos sauce with creamy avocado, sour cream and cilantro make it tasty! Grilled fish tacos are a delicious twist on taco night! What makes this recipe shine is the avocado-cilantro sauce!