Chicken Avocado Lime Soup.
You can have Chicken Avocado Lime Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Avocado Lime Soup
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Green Onions.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 4 can of Low Sodium Chicken Brooth.
- Prepare 2 of Roma Tomatoes (seeded and diced).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Cilantro.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- Prepare 3 medium of Avocados (diced).
- You need 1 of Tortilla Chips, Monterey Jack Cheese, Sour Cream (optional).
Chicken Avocado Lime Soup instructions
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Once hot, add green onions and sauté until tender about two minutes, add garlic during last 30 seconds..
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes cumin, salt, pepper and chicken breast..
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat to medium,cover with lid and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked completely through, 10-15 minutes..
- Reduce heat to warm, remove chicken from pan and let rest in the cutting board for about 5 minutes. Shred the chicken and return to soup..
- Add cilantro and lime juice to soups. Add avocado when ready to serve (about 1/2 an avocado per serving). Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream if desired..