Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce.
You can have Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese, fresh if possible.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need dash of oregano.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare dash of nutmeg, optional.
Nikki's Quick and Velvety Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add clove of garlic..
- Add cream cheese a little at a time, whisking constantly. Then mix in the parmesan cheese, a little at a time, and continue whisking the whole time. At this point it may look lumpy and separated but its fine, just keep whisking..
- Mix the milk and cream together and pour in a little at a time. You will see it start to become creamy almost instantly. Add garlic powder, pepper, oregano, and nutmeg if using. KEEP WHISKING!.
- Let simmer a few minutes, you guessed it, whisking the whole time. DO NOT BOIL! Don't worry if it seems a bit thin, it thickens quite a bit as it cools..
- Don't forget to remove that garlic clove, and thats it, you're done! toss with hot pasta, and if you like, grilled strips of chicken and a little more parmesan cheese. mangia!.